Another which car would you recommend thread?

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by its_all_Greek, Feb 28, 2014.

1. its_all_Greek

its_all_Greek
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,604
    Due to having the opportunity to go down the contracting employment route i now have to get my own car (had company cars for the last 6 years), due to this being a new venture and the initial contract only being guaranteed for 6 months i don't want to go down the PCH or loan route etc so having to buy from savings.

So looking at a budget of £6k ish, 5 doors, space for a couple of kids in the back but only for short journeys, initially journeys will be several short ones everyday although this could obviously extend at the end of the initial contract.
    So looking at the family hatchback size of vehicle, manual transmission only, probably petrol engine as most of my journeys initially will be short.

Having driven fords for the last 6 years i fancy a change so the focus is out, having had a look about i have a short list.

Peugeot 308, SE, GT models,
    Honda Civic, EX upwards models,
    Hyundai I30, Premium Model
    and lastly the Mazda3, Sports Model.

So i guess my questions are..

Is there any other brands/models people would recommend i fancy some toys but they are not a deal breaker the only stipulation is Cruise control and thats a just incase for the future.

and on my short list is there any known issues that i should watch out for?

2. un1eash

un1eash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Skoda Octavia 1.9TD PD Elegance spec. Even with lots of short trips my dad's still does 40+ mpg.