Another which amp question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dazzer123, Apr 11, 2004.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi I am getting a new amp to go with my newly acquired Mordaunt Short 904's, The amp need's to be no more than 100 watts as that is the rating of the speakers, now I think I may be asking a little much here but I want a cheap amp that would give me some control over signal delays, I did read a thread on here that the new Denon 16 and 1804 include some sort of delay like thier bigger brother the 3803. I would really like some form of control over delays if only to the centre speaker and in Pro Logic 2 as well as 5.1 modes just to delay the dialogue a little to help with lip sync issues with my plasma.

I am working on a budget and have short listed some amps but if one of these amps had a delay feature it would probably swing it.

Sony STR-DB970
    Denon 1604
    Denon 1804
    Marrantz SR 4400
    Marrantz SR 5400
    Pioneer VSXD812S

I am a little concerned about the Marrantz models as I have read about audio drop out's and crackling so maybe they should be given a wider birth any suggestions.