Another "Which 55 inch TV for under £500"

leftfooter007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Which 55 inch TV for under £500

I'd be really grateful if you guys could help me out as I don't have a clue what to buy.

I'm looking for a new 55 to 60 inch TV, in or around the £500 mark.
I don't think 4k is required as nothing is been broadcast over the air in 4k and our internet is rubbish.
Freesat would be nice as we already have a satellite dish.

We sit around 10 to 13 feet away.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

How much do you care for the quality of SD content like non HD TV channels?

All the freesat TVs afaik are UHD models and SD content looks bad on these.

I suppose we don't watch much of standard def channels any more, but was really looking for a FHD from a price perspective. Would it be easier to get a freeview 1080p TV?

Yes if you went for something like the Samsung J6300/J6240/J6250 or Sony w8xxc/w7xxc from 2015 you would get the best PQ at your chosen sizes.

FHD TV's from 2016 at that sizes don't seem to use high contrast panels afaik so don't match up in quality.

You can get good value UHD TV's with freesat included but i'm not sure motion on them will be as good as the FHD TVs i mentioned above. The Samsung KU6400 has a freesat tuner but uses a 60hz panel vs 120hz.

I also notice you are in ROI not sure how this affects your ability to pick up freesat/freeview (I know there are sometimes regional differences in the software of each tv, do ROI use different systems)?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom