• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Another VHS dubbing problem

allaw

Standard Member
I have a Toshiba D-VR18DTKB

Trying to dub VHS home recordings from VHS_C cassettes via an adaptor on to TDK DVD_RW's (4x)

Keep getting E25 error - which indicates a protection problem?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
An all-in-one is a surround sound system that includes a DVD or Blu Ray player and a (possibly digital) radio.

The Toshiba D-VR18DTKB is a DVDR/VCR combi. Not an all-in-one.

However, rather than just insisting you ask the moderators to move this thread, I would also suggest that you try sending the output from the videotapes via a different VCR to the DVDR using scart, rather than trying to use the combi for archiving from one to the other. These combis often get things wrong, and even though macrovision protection can't exist on home videotape recordings, only on commercial tapes, I wouldn't be surprised that a combi gets it wrong. They invariably do.

allaw

Standard Member
Thanks for that - I realised this was the wrong forum after I posted, so Mods, feel free to move it if possible. Isn't the point of a combi to allow dubbing, though?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom