Another very satisfied Samsung owner

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by aftertaste, Mar 17, 2005.

1. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've been impatiently reading all the threads on this forum over the past few weeks while I was searching for someone who had the Samsung 50" in stock. A lot of what I read here convinved me I was doing the right thing.

It was delivered this morning, and within 20 minutes of ripping open the box there was a flawless picture beaming out of the TV.

I really am impressed.

I was worried about the quality of pictures from Sky digital on such a large screen, but after 5 hours of viewing I don't have a single complaint.

A lot of what was said on this forum reassured me this was the right TV to buy. I feel it's only fair that I come and say how happy I am with the purchase, and I hope anyone considering the Samsung will see this and go ahead and get it.

2. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers. I could not be happier. It really grows on you.
    Each day the pq appears to startle you with something different. I love it and I am naturally a synic by nature and spent months deciding what to buy, which lead me to the forum of truth and light!

3. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Roll on sky HD, could not be happier with this set.

Everyone that comes to see it seem to go away wanting to upgrade their TV.

:smashin:

4. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yohoooo i am delighted sammy owner to got mine today as well. Although feeding it standard indoor aerial only cos waiting for the sky cabling as this TV goes in a different room. But still the quality is stunning even on analouge.

Why do i get black bars on top and bottom on most channels other than football? If i zoom i lose picture what is the reason for this? :confused: :confused:

5. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm not sure how it works with an aerial. With a scart connection it auto-detects and adjusts the ratio for you. There might be something via the service menu that will allow you to sort out the problem until you connect it to a Sky box.

I haven't gone into the service menu yet, but I read on other forums that a few people solved their ratio problems by playing with some of the options.

6. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should see the whole screen filled with analougue TV. on the RD50 it's under format select full screen
    happy viewing

7. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Press the P.size button to scroll through the basic screen options.

Top of remote.

8. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have it on Autowide and i still get the bars unless i go to zoom which just cuts of the picture and distorts the quality :confused: Some channels like channel 5 today with the football took up the whole screen when on autowide. But all other leave small bars at the top and bottom. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What screen size getting do u keep yours on?
    Also do i need to turn on all that fancy DNI and stuff.?

9. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I leave mine set to 16.9 all the time.

I must admit I do get the bars top and bottom but not that often on SKY+. mainly on adverts. I do not use the UHF tuners much. I am presuming you mean about an inch or so top and bottom when it happens.

I found DNie very good, I would leave it on all the time. The mag reports gave it the thumbs up too. Digital NR is for poor signals I would have it on for standard TV viewing, but when you have sky with a good signal or DVD playback best not to have it on.

10. yoskiwoski

yoskiwoski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    ??????????

11. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We have the SP50L7HX

12. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I have been watching saving private ryan upscaled to 1080i on a panasonic L7 feeding to a samsung and in short its stunning !!!!!!

I wanna connect my laptop does anyone know who does the best cables for DVI-HDMI i not interested in paying silly money. But somethingh that is a good price and people can recommend :lease: :lease: