Another update from Xbox Live?

-Hitman-

Just logged on and i have received another update from live for the console.

Not heard about any updates due.

Does anyone know what this is about?

What was the last dashboard version as mine shows 2.0.2258.0. and i'm sure it was 2255

Anyone?

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
The only change I've noticed is if you're playing a game it will auto pause if you press the guide button on the control pad, which before it didn't use to do.

phunt

Banned
hmmm im pretty sure mine has always paused with the guide button. PDZ for example always goes to the resume game, purchase items menu when i press my guide button.

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
Must be my imagination then :rolleyes:

DarkEntity

The only thing i noticed was it managed to break Media Connect lol.

Had to remove my PC then browse for it.....other than that the whole dash looks smoother when changing from blade to blade

dodger747

Novice Member
Auto run feature can now be turned off???

/please say yes...:rolleyes:

Batch

Novice Member
I'm having trouble updating! the first update progress bar goes to 100% but then the second stop at about 10%. An error appears saying that there may either be a network error or a storage error! Obviously i must be connected to live to have the update pop up and my HDD has 9GB free! Any ideas why i may be getting this error?

Thanks

Batch

bad robot

Novice Member
dodger747 said:
Auto run feature can now be turned off???

/please say yes...:rolleyes:

Ahh yeah its annoying when the game goes to load everytime you power up.

Tip:
Eject the game/disc after every session :hiya:

R

royster

Batch said:
I'm having trouble updating! the first update progress bar goes to 100% but then the second stop at about 10%. An error appears saying that there may either be a network error or a storage error! Obviously i must be connected to live to have the update pop up and my HDD has 9GB free! Any ideas why i may be getting this error?

Thanks

Batch

The update will not be looking at your hdd size as it is flashed to rom inside the xbox. Check your network settings and if you are downloaded on a pc or using any others internet apps quit them and try that.

Batch

Novice Member
royster said:
The update will not be looking at your hdd size as it is flashed to rom inside the xbox. Check your network settings and if you are downloaded on a pc or using any others internet apps quit them and try that.

mmm....., Still not working, this is really starting to annoy me now, i can't play a single game online!

Batch

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
royster said:

i got this error, what happened was that my pc went down, i booted the xbox then restarted my PC, then when my xbox was playing a game it couldnt sign into live. when i eventually got it to sign in under reconfiguring live ittried to update in the connection test area. when i exited to the main dash it updated fine

VILLAn66

Novice Member
I am getting the same problem as Batch. I can't play on-line!! When my 360 tries to download the update, the bar nearly reaches the end, goes back down to about 5% and then fails with:

A failure occured during installation of the update. There may be a problem with your network connection or your storage device may be full

Has anyone else experienced this and managed to resolve it?

HELP! :lease:

Batch

Novice Member
Villan do you have a wireless internet connection?

I managed to resolve the problem by taking my 360 right next to my modem and plugging the modem directly into the 360 avoiding a router!

Batch

VILLAn66

Novice Member
XBOX live support have told me that there is bug and that they are working on a fix, for the fix!

How long that will take is anybody's guess. :mad:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
After installing the update, I had quite a few problems with connecting my 360 to Live. Seems a bit sporadic at the mo...

K

krlock2

i downloaded the update ok.

i then downloaded the GRAW development diaries videos. they did seem to take quite a bit longer than normal.

other than that, everything works fine after the update.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published