1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another sucker for gadgets

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by blasted, May 26, 2004.

1. blasted

blasted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I have been looking round the projector front for a while now and am just beginning to weigh up exactly what I would need to get up and moving.

First thing is which projector to get. I have been looking at the Sony hs20, the Panasonic ae500 and the Sanyo z2. Of course I would have to get a screen and it would be mounted on a shelf high up and the room would be pretty much blacked out. I might have trouble finding places to demo these. Has anybody bought without demoting the model they have? Which would you recommend if it were you?

Next is sound. I have at present a stereo consisting a Rote rcd02 CD player, a ra01 amp and b+w 601s3 speakers. How can this be fitted into the system? Can I use the speakers as fronts? In some sort of switching set up. Ideally music would be played with the music set up (amp and cd) and films would go through an av amp but using the same set of speakers and the others around the room.

That brings me onto the next question, amps. Do I get an av amp and plug sky, and DVD into back of said amp them run one cable to the projector? What's this progressive thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:lease:

2. booth1976

booth1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Take a look at the H30 from Optoma - I did today and thought it was an absolutely great low-budget projector.