1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another (stupid) PW7 question from confused idiot

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by matt bellamy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off Id like to say I'm so happy with my pw7 and the PQ from all sources. I've been reading a few threads regarding Hi Def TV, DVD etc and have to say I'm slightly worried. I know he panny pw7 is an SD panel but I always assumed it would display images from hi def players but now I'm not too sure. So, will my pw7 be able to play from HD sources such as Sky HD, HD DVD, Blu-ray, Playstation 3 and XBox2 and if so what board will I need. Will they connect into the Component board or will I need to buy another inout board? Also, what's VGA. Is it the pc input that the pw7 has and is it used for anything other that connecting a pc?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    probably need to buy the HDMI/DVi board which support HDCP but not 720 or 1080i at 5oHZ (do at 60Hz)......there will probably be a solution before HD makes it over here properly (sky will be the bigger issue but is also a long way off sky have 7million subscirbers but are struggling to make 250,000 sky+ by the end of this year.....

3. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    VGA is indeed the PC input on your PW7, however many people also use the JS RGB2VGA converter (www.js-technology.com, £120ish) so they can put Sky/DVD/Consoles etc through that input. This has at least 2 benefits:

1) The SCART terminal on the Panny is pretty average, and the JS converter gets you round that problem, so PQ is generally considered much better through the converter and VGA socket than through SCART, however good your SCART leads are.

2) It offers you an extra input - in my case I have the 37" which only has 2 slots, so the VGA option offers me a third.

You should also be able to use Picture in Picture if you use the VGA input with a SCART terminal (but not VGA with Component or Tuner terminals, for some reason those connections combined are not compatible with PIP)

Well I never, I found THREE benefits. :D