Another Stump Recommendation...

OldSwitcheroo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So for too long I'd been using an old TV unit, that just seemed to fit everything I needed (almost)...

However, finally the time came for me to look around and find something a: more aesthetically pleasing, b: something far more sturdy and c: something that didnt require my Pana 50" VT65 to be on top of my Q Acoustic centre speaker...

So, after looking on here and around locally, I settled on Stump furniture... I contacted Stuart with my basic design and dimensions and after a quick chat, we settled on the final build... Stuart couldn't have been better, from explaining basic wood types / finishes to discussing the cable management at the rear.

Originally, thought it would be 8-12 weeks before delivery but I was able to take delivery much sooner than that and the 1760mm long oak beast was delivered last week...

The old set up (less said the better; wires everywhere, TV too high, speaker used as base etc:

image1 (2).JPG

The first rough design:
image2.JPG

With dimensions:

image3.JPG

All set up:

image4.JPG
image5.JPG

Next steps are to decorate the walls, floor, replace with a 65" set, replace the Denon and the speakers...

Wouldn't hesitate to buy from Stump again.

Looks Brilliant!

If you don't mind me asking how much did that cost? PM me if you want!

looks very nice wondering if this is the route I should go, did you have a choice of wood styles? as to match my furniture it would need to be corona pine

http://stumpfurniture.co.uk

Pretty sure you can get anything you want from them, mine was solid oak, stained in satin finish to match the living room furniture.

Definitely worth a call, see what he can do. The quality of work is excellent.

looks great, whats vauge price bud just to paint a picture?

It really all depends on what you're after...

Best thing to do is give Stuart a call and see what options there are and he'll be able to spec up and provide a cost for your needs. He'll be more helpful than i can be. No dark art behind it; it all comes down to what you want: size, complexity, materials, finish.

I have just fired off an email to Stuart. I bet it's not gonna be cheap though !

Is there some sort of secret deal going on with stump?. I see people asking regular what kind of price and nobody ever seems to answer.

Is there some sort of secret deal going on with stump?. I see people asking regular what kind of price and nobody ever seems to answer.

No secrets from me. I think as most orders are custom to requirements (build / design / material etc), the prices can vary quite a bit. No point in providing a price i paid, if all it will do is give unrealistic expectations to others. If people are serious, they'll get in touch with them and take it forward. Mine wasn't cheap by any means though.

I had an email reply recently for an unit of the following size -

600/650mm wide approx, 550mm tall, and approx 450mm deep. Single shelf so I can place AV AMP below, and blu ray player on top. Shelf can be off centre or adjustable as required.

And the price that came back was............................. approx £400 including vat. Seems ok for a bespoke piece of furrniture in reclaimed timber in a finish of my choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom