Another Stuck pixel problem! New PWD8

JonLeach

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

after selling my pj and crt tv i bought a PWD8 for normal tv use. i must say i'm very impressed and am very happy with it until just now. i have had a PC screen on it pure white whilst just updating some software. made a cuppa and came back to the room, low and behold what i thought was a moth. but it turns out to be two pixels one pink/red the other blue but only noticable when viewed from an angle.is this normal. they are centre screen about 8 inch from the bottom so pretty much in the middle. :(

is it normal to have them only see from the sides? now i have noticed them i can train my eye on them all the time.

see attached piccy needs to be zoomed you can just make out the different colour around the pixels

Jon

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 204
Just taken delivery of my PHD8 and have also found 2 stuck pixels!

Is there any way to free these?? can they become unstuck after an ISF calibration?

Many thanks

Saltrock.

this is one thing that is worrying me on my future purchase..i was a little gutted when i bought a tft for 300 quid with a pixel issue, never mind spending 2k and getting it!

there is a PSP pixel fixer on the internet, download it and leave it running for an hour or so, if that dont work and its a new online purchase try sending it back!

btw i take no responsibility if the PSP app burns/destroys/shortens the life of your TV, just an idea as it works for a few psp users

Thanks Jago.

A quick google search shows some info on "massaging" the area while running the video - this is on an LCD tho.

I don't really want to massage the screen area with a chance of damaging other pixels or damaging the glass.

:lease:

i wouldnt recommend massaging, your obviously i picky person like the rest of us and i hate seeing smudge prints on tv's THEY NEVER GO!, but on a plasma that technique is useless anyway as you cant push thru the glass, with lcds you are actually moving the pixels

Saltrock:

i am taking my plasma to a pani dealer this week to get it looked at, 2 pixels in the center, they should replace the screen at the dealers discretion, although this is a local dealer. rather than the london dealer i bought it from.

TFT massaging, do it all the time on TFT monitors, it sometimes works. obviously does not work on a plasma.

jon

Its because there is a nice big plate of glass on the front of a plasma, if you tried massaging it you would probably break some of those cells. If they're stuck and not dead then its normally just a case of running one of those anti-stuck-pixel video's to see if you can coax the screen into sorting the pixel out. To be honest I dont know much about this technology but if the pixel is stuck on then something (the controller most likely) has to be telling the pixel to stay on.

As I said I dont know much about the technology but its worth a try before attempting the hassle of returning/repairing/replacing the display =)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom