Another Star Wars Trilogy announced and produced by the creators of Game of Thrones

Reading today that the next three films post IX will be Dec 2022, Dec 2024 and Dec 2026. Will be nearly 60 by the time the third comes out. :(
And the new dates for the Avatar sequels are every Xmas between(Starting in 2021). Disney looks to dominate Xmas for the foreseeable future.

And the new dates for the Avatar sequels are every Xmas between(Starting in 2021). Disney looks to dominate Xmas for the foreseeable future.

I think Avatar is irrelevant now after all this time. I can't see any attraction for 4 more of them.

I think Avatar is irrelevant now after all this time. I can't see any attraction for 4 more of them.
The first sequel will almost certainly do major business regardless of the critical reception. As to whether the world still cares about Jake Sully in 2027? Seems like a tall order to me...

The first sequel will almost certainly do major business regardless of the critical reception. As to whether the world still cares about Jake Sully in 2027? Seems like a tall order to me...

I am far from convinced about that. As previously mentioned Avatar did well due to the groundbreaking 3D. The story was pretty run of the mill and we have now seen Pandora so what new will it bring to the table.

Last edited:
Confirmed next Star Wars movie after The Rise of Skywalker will be the saga by David Benioff and DB Weiss. December 2022

Wonder what happened to Rian's proposed trilogy. (no need for last Jedi haters to troll with answers).

Wonder how this will be received now that they are not so flavour of the month after the reception the current series of Game of Thrones is getting..

Wonder what happened to Rian's proposed trilogy. (no need for last Jedi haters to troll with answers).
I would imagine that an outline by Rian might see the light of day in a tv format for Disney +, but I'm sure he'll be concentrating on other stuff if it means waiting until post 2026...

I would imagine that an outline by Rian might see the light of day in a tv format for Disney +, but I'm sure he'll be concentrating on other stuff if it means waiting until post 2026...
I saw something the other day saying disney+ isn't coming to the UK until March 2020. November 2019 in the US. The 'other means' exponents are going to have a field day.

I saw something the other day saying disney+ isn't coming to the UK until March 2020. November 2019 in the US. The 'other means' exponents are going to have a field day.
A shame if there's not a global rollout, but it wouldn't surprise me. I had The Madalorian's start date pencilled in my diary too...:(

Well if the last season of GOT is anything to go by, I wouldn't get too excited about this :rotfl:

I wonder if D&D agreed on their salary for Star Wars trilogy before Game of Thrones ended. If not, then probably it would be the most difficult negotiations imaginable.

So they weren't able to break their contract with netflix but were able to essentially walk away from their star wars contract? Sounds legit.

Best thing in the end, though. SW needs people without baggage right now.

They weren't comfortable making any Star Wars movies because they're always so cyclically and thematically linked and, famously:
"Themes are for 8th grade book reports" - David Benioff

Idiots.

Last edited:
They weren't comfortable making any Star Wars movies because they're always so cyclically and thematically linked and, famously:
"Themes are for 8th grade book reports" - Damon Lindelof

Idiots.

Mentioning Damon Lindelof in the same paragraph as Star Wars literally sends shivers down my spine.

Whoa, wasn’t expecting that although I’m not surprised. Game of thrones was seriously derailed by that last series and given that starwars is on life support this is likely a good thing..
The whole debacle needs a complete reset. Dump the baggage and bad feeling, Rian seems to be done also. Hopefully favreaux can restore at least some interest with the mando.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom