1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Splash offer

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by wilber, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Cheap as chips again on Fox DVDs inluding Memento & Moulin Rouge for £8 here

2. Dustybin

Dustybin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cant say im impressed with Splash, ordered a couple of films on the 19th, CC charged on the 19th and NO films delivered to date. Ill stick with play and cd wow in future!

3. petrobas

petrobas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here , money taken 8 days ago & no dvd's yet.
    Not amused.

4. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Same story here. Ordered the 3 for £14 MGM DVD's ten days ago. The money was taken straight away. I got two seperate e-mails yesterday saying two of the DVD's had been dispatched seperately. I'm not very impressed.

I will say that I also ordered a CD at the same time which was showing as "out of stock" and they have not taken the money for that yet.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you ordered stuff from the £2 off everything sale, they did say that due to overwhelming demand orders would take longer than usual. Surely it's worth a bit of a wait to get the DVDs at rock bottom prices :smashin:

6. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    my £2 off stuff is gradually arriving, bit by bit, got unreal 2 today, 2 dvds should be arrving tomorrow. the last one hasnt even being despached yet tho :/

7. petrobas

petrobas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the website my order is still being processed , this has been the same for 8 days.

8. nicknack

nicknack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    most of the stuff I ordered has come now - I don't mind waiting a few days if the price is right ;) - and they are all genuine Region 2's

Where else could you have got True Romance - Director's cut, 2 disc SE for £7.95 !!

9. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I ordered 3 DVDs, 2 on the 19th, 1 on the 20th. 1 has arrived so far, the other 2 are supposed to be on their way.

The emails you get are entirely useless, they say dispatched today, but mean nothing of the sort.

If you use the order tracking on the site though all is well. They are just a bit slow is all.

For the price I can live with it. Jerry Maguire £5.99, Gattaca £6.48 and The Corrs Live Unplugged £5.99.

10. theambient

theambient

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this sale has the alien films at 7.99... im not sure about you lot, but thats the best price ive seen 'em at!

11. Timmy O'Toole

Timmy O'Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered 9 on 17th, and 3 on 18th.

Just waiting for Goldmember (17th)

So basically...Everybody be cool!

It'll be worth it.

12. Dustybin

Dustybin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

That's true but why charge cards and then keep people waiting, thay SHOULD charge on dispatch like every other e-tailer ive ordered from!

Still got the hump! :thumbsdow Splash!

13. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't used many e-tailers then have you? In my vast experience :D it's 50-50 whether they charge on despatch or at the time you placed the order. Doesn't bother me either way - it's on my credit card so I don't pay that off till the end of the month anyway :smashin:

14. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well in my vast experience with e-tailers, the great majority dispatch within 48 hours of charging your card. Don't forget, some people order on debit cards so they are losing the money right away.

15. petrobas

petrobas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered some stuff for Mothers Day thinking it would easily be here , 9 days later nothing . Alas Splash have lost my custom forever .
    Out of curiosity how do you cancel orders that haven't had money taken or been processed. Mothers Day dvd is no longer required from these people although I will await the delivery of the paid for dvd's.

16. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered several titles on 18/19 March and also received confirmation of despatch yesterday for all but one

Not bothered as long as I get them at the cheap prices, I've used Splash before and yes they do take longer than the likes of Play to deliver and yes they charge at time of placing order...I can accept this;)

They sent an e-mail to me explaining that the orders would take longer than usual due to overwhelming demand....no problem for me at least they bothered to keep me informed

I would still order from Splash just as I would Play, Films First, PriceStorm, FBO & Deep Discount

17. Dustybin

Dustybin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

PRASE THE LORD someone agree's with me, and just for the record I aint new to ordering online, have been doing so for years so dont be giving me any of that old "You haven't used many e-tailers then have you? rubbish :nono: :p FAIR enough if I had to wait for my goodies without my hard cash being taken before dispatch but thay took it and im still waiting which isnt really good enough, Play, Wow, Ezy, Mobileshop.com, ebuyer all only charge when items are dispatched so what makes Splash different "TOPPERS SPLASHDVD's" Ill elect to change the 2 P's for 2 S's!!! :devil:

"Alas Splash have lost my custom forever" ILL SECOND THAT!

18. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Ordered 3 film and a a game last friday heard and had nothing apart from the one e-email we are swamped. Hope they show, if i get them ok fair enough i have not got a problem. I dont mind a bit of a wait!

19. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'll bet that they're really upset - not.

Can't people understand the way way business runs in this country now? You don't hold stock beyond what you know will be bought so when a company puts its head above the parapets and cuts prices big time, it's no surprise that stock issues become apparent (another dvd site has a thred about the splash bargain with over 20000 page impressions).

You can't buy a kitchen from MFI without a wait, but if you think you're getting a good deal, then you'll wait, the same applys to all etailers

20. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    But MFI don't take the full balance until they deliver. That's what people are complaining about. If the product isn't in stock, don't take the customers money until it is.

21. petrobas

petrobas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MFI want the full balance paid 7 days before delivery . I wanted some units from them but when they asked for the balance before delivery I refused stating that they might go bust & I would have no goods . They suggested that the thought of them going bust was laughable . When I mentioned UNO going bust , they had been taking the money before delivery knowing full well they were going under from what I read in the papers , it soon shut MFI up . Goods shouldn't be paid for until they are safely in your hands or guaranteed despatched. Splash have taken the money & not delivered the goods as of yet , if they go belly up tomorrow we are all up the creek unless we have paid by credit card . In my view taking the money before despatch should be made illegal.

22. Dustybin

Dustybin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Dont know much about business then, guessed that :laugh:

23. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered 4 DVDs & 1 game from Splash's recent sale. The game has arrived but no sign of a despatch for any of the DVDs yet.

Not panicing just yet as I know they'll all come, but I'd certainly prefer if they came sooner!

If they don't, it's CC to the rescue, but I'm prepared to wait a little longer given the excellent prices.

No complaints from me :)

24. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Ordered 9 discs 2 weeks ago and all but one is here,very good prices and aslong as i'm getting good discs for 4 or 5 quid i aint got one complaint.

25. Ashy

Ashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    mine havent arrived yet but im not too fussed. got the confirm emails etc so they should be here next week.

guess its all down to patience really ;)

and whoever said its split 50-50 with etailors taking money before etc are correct, i use loads as i build site/shopping carts and also pcs so i use loads of different ones for parts.

26. Garbo

Garbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got 2 out of the 3 DVD's I ordered over 10 days ago, the 3rd one hasn't even been dispatched yet.

27. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Of course I don't being a director of a company that deals mainly through the internet.

My point, which I didn't make particularly well I'll admit, is that Splash will now have loads of new customers, who were so happy with the price that the slowness / having cc billed on order aren't issues. If either is an issue to you, Splash don't really want you as a customer, since it will cost more for them to meet your needs than they are prepared to pay.

28. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Ordered four dvd's not one has been sent yet :(

29. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wrong way of looking at it. How many new customers (like myself) have they lost because they have abused them by taking their money and not sending the goods? I'm sorry but that just isn't good business sense and no company can afford to lose customers and gain a poor reputation.

Yes, there are people who say they don't mind the wait because the prices were low but don't forget, it was a special offer and prices won't always be so keen. A good company will attract new customers with good offers and will keep those customers by offering good service. To say that Splash don't want certain types of customer is complete nonsense.

30. Ripco

Ripco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    and here is me wondering what they would say you could do with your custom and bad press. he he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.