1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Sony KV32-FX65

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chrbjo, Jun 28, 2002.

1. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my old (3 months) Sony replaced after repeated convergence issues. New one is great, apart from one minor thing. There seem to be more noise in the picture when watching TV than the replaced Sony. Is this just a temporary issue with the antenna signal or can there be a noticeable difference between the same model of a TV? Might a signal enhancer or a 100hz antenna cable solve the issue?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Is this on analogue terrestrial or digital terrestrial or both?

3. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Analogue terrestrial. Problem is still there, I tried a new antenna cable but it didn´t help.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. How does the noise change when you switch through the DNR settings? And does the noise reduce significantly when you switch DNR on/auto? The reason I ask is that it might be to do with the internal settings for DNR on the set - perhaps they were stronger on your previous set and thus reduced more noise... The best way to compare them would have been to check them both with DNR off. Have you tried connecting another TV into the lead as well and comparing the image on both with DNR off?

5. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DNR On/Off doesn´t seem to make much difference. Will try with an old TV when I get home.
    If the problem should exist with my old TV as well, might it be a good idea to purchase a signal enhancer or some kind of filter?
    Maybe I have turned out a perfectionist regarding picture quality, I only see the noise when I am closer than 2 meters to the TV, but I am almost sure the picture had almost no noise before and if there is a way of reducing this I would like to do it.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's hard to say because only you know what your signal was like on the other TV. However, I must say, it's amazing how much our eyes deceive us when we think about things retrospectively!

I would definitely try with an older TV first and see how that goes.

But it is interesting that DNR makes no apparent difference! Perhaps it's defective??? I see a definite difference when I use DNR on an analogue feed on my Sony LS60.

Also, when you get close to CRTs, you do indeed notice more of the imperfections.

7. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, seems my old TV (not my replaced Sony) also had noise in the picture. Must be a weaker signal I am receiving now, then. Let´s hope it is temporary.
    My DNR is defective??? aahh, no. Thank you sooo much, you´ve just given me a new thing to worry about!!!
    ;) Just joking. I didn´t see a difference on my old Sony either. On my FX65 it is only called Noise reduction, not as dynamic as the LS60, heh.
    Thanks for your help, anyway. Maybe I´ll try out a TV signal enhancer if the guys in my local radio shop think it might help. I´ll post the result if I try one.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you didn't notice a difference before, then I'd say it's nothing to worry about. I notice it on mine because I have a poor analogue signal (not that I watch analogue anymore though :D). BTW, the D stands for Digital not Dynamic ;)

Not sure I have been of much help but it does sound like you would get better results by focusing on the aerial now at least :)

Good luck :)