1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another sony davs s880 thread but please help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by zerocool242001, Mar 14, 2003.

1. zerocool242001

zerocool242001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, sorry for posting yet another sony davs s880 thread but b4 going out and paying £623 of my smackers for this beast I have a number of questions:- (Help will be more than appreciated and apologies for being a lamer too- this is my first time into home cinema and now that I have saved for 3 months to pay for it want to make sure things are cool)

1. Can the davs s880 play all dvd-r's/dvd-rw's, mp3's, vcd's etc. I've seen a lot of posts about dvd-r films skipping or freezing then playing- is that what happens with the davs-s880 or is it just the dvd player or bad copies of the dvd-r's. I've got loads of dvd-r films (backups) and would want to watch them, but this skipping sounds like bad news.

2. Does the davs-s880 have a subwoofer pre-out connection on the back. Just bought an eltax sub-10 from richer sounds and was using that on my cheepie samsung max-dn55. If so, can I use that eltax and the sony subwoofer at the same time meaning sony subwoofer at 100W and eltax 10 subwoofer at 175W- ooooh my ;) what a thought.

3. Is the davs-s880 the best money for £623, I know u guys are going to say separates but I like the fact that u would only need 1 plug to use for the davs and for the eltax sub if I attached it.

Right, thats about it, main point is the dvd-r's. I would be so gutted if the davs-s880 skips and freezes, thats what the samsung max-dn55 does at the mo, have to use my cheepie asda pacific 1002 upstairs to watch dvd-r films.

Again guys/gals, thanks very much for any help provided and please help me get a top home cinema choice.

Zero

2. zerocool242001

zerocool242001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any davs bods out there????