1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Sky+ Recording problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Wackojacko32, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I dont think I've seen this one before. Tried to record Saving Private Ryan last night on Five and was watching a DVD at the same time. When the DVD had finished I noticed the red light had gone off on the Sky+ box. When I went into the planner it said the prgram had recorded but was only 68 mins long, yet the film is 200mins long.

What it has recorded seems OK but I cant understand why it didn't record the whole thing, or why it doesn't say 'part recorded' or 'failed' instead of 'recorded'.

Anyone else experience this?

TIA

Wackojacko32

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Was there a newsbreak during the movie?
    If so Five list a news/weather break as an independent program in the EPG therefore you would only get the first part of the movie unless you manually selected the second part from the EPG or used the series link.

A quirk which once you fall for you never do again:)

3. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Starburst, paper TV guide doesn't show anything, but I'm sure you're right. I will certainly remember next time:)

Wackojacko32

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wackojacko,

The same thing happened to me last night. I thought I had recorded Ocean's Eleven on ITV, but had only recorded the first part. There was a five minute break for news and weather and I didn't notice it continued after that.

It's so easy to quickly record something on the EPG and I have been caught out before with plays and films continuing sometimes half an hour later. So maddening, but only myself to blame!

5. Brian P

Brian P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just checked my recording of Saving Private Ryan.....I only got 70 minutes even though it says Recorded :mad: Didn't notice when the recording light went out. We were watching another channel while it was recording. There was no mention of a news break in the EPG.