Another Sky Dig Moan

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cessquill, Nov 9, 2002.

1. cessquill

cessquill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got frustrated earlier with the EPG on Sky Digital and in my anger I phoned them up.

They, as I expected, told me to reset the box.

I told them that I was resetting the box on a daily basis and (based on the fact that I'm not the only one with the problem) told them that an increase in price does not justify a decrease in service.

They gave me the number of the tech department, which I have not yet phoned (plus now it's the middle of the night, and they're all tucked up)....

If I call, are they going to try and palm off a faulty box (it's an Amstrad, which to me means that it was faulty before it was designed), or what's going to happen? Just trying to arm myself and not end up having to pay for a duff software download or call-out or anything. Any advice...?

Cheers. :confused:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There is certainly an issue to be resolved with SKY about boxes then appear faulty due to the software. SKY own the software so you would think they were responsible for any and all faults/bugs that were created by it. Of course SKY would never admit this because it would mean the majority of calls out couldn't be charged for.

I don't know if you are aware but a new software update is currently being sent out, I got it the other day on my PACE 2200.
    OS....... 1.2S4Bp
    EPG..... 3.1a.5

This might be the "bug" fix for the channel listing problems that have plagued many subscribers.