Another Sky customer service disaster

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Kurchatov, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Kurchatov

Kurchatov
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    I have been waiting for 9 days for Sky to activate the Sky+ functionality on my HD box.

Customer service have passed it to IT. They cannot speak to IT and cannot get progress update. They are a total shambles.

I've sent them the following e-mail this morning:

"I am still waiting for action to be taken to activate the record/playback functionality of my Sky HD box despite 35 phone calls over 9 days and my previous e-mail to you.

My Sky account number is xxxxxxxxxxx

The lack of information, feedback or progress is lamentable. The customer service performance is a disgrace.

You are currently in breach of the 12 months Sky HD contract that exists between us.

What action are you going to take to remedy this situation?"

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) Sky do to fix the problem.

I'm told they have similar problems (5000 subscribers was mentioned by one guy in customer service) since they changed their software system recently.

David

2. angelislington

angelislington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    You're not the only one mate. I am a dealer (independent) and we have had our Sky HD box for two weeks and have yet to have the HD functionality activated. The 'activator' is on holiday!

3. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder if they changed their systems a week Thursday ago. That was the day my account apparently got cancelled and re-instated. Movies/Sports and Sky+ came back same day, still waiting for the HD channels even though they were working previously. My problem is also with the "IT team".

4. Kurchatov

Kurchatov
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    sounds like the same problem

The Sky IT team seem not to have any direct contact with the customer service team so no feedback as to progress.

5. chambeaj

chambeaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    LOL!

It took 5 weeks to get the recording facilities re-activated on my Sky+ box. Apparently they've had teething problems with their new computer system / software. :rotfl:

6. Kurchatov

Kurchatov
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    5 weeks!!! I hope not, but I've no confidence left in Sky. This is just crazy.

7. Mighty Chipster

Mighty Chipster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sky went over to the newer computer automated system in May (I believe just in time for the HD rollout) and have had MAJOR problems.

According to my source, everyone who has experienced issues with pairing, sky not recording / viewing recorded material, cancellations etc etc will be dealt with a.s.a.p.

But there is approximately a massive backlog of "problems" to take care and it will take weeks, if not months, to sort out!

8. Kurchatov

Kurchatov
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Persistance seems to have paid off

I called them 3 times a day and told them I would sue them for breach of contract which would be the balance of my 12 months HD contract plus the cost of establishing an alternate service.

Sent them a number of e-mails criticising their lousy customer service and lack of feedback.

Last night someone higher up called me, then "fiddled" the system to make it believe I'd got an extra box with the same card number. Within 1 hour, record/pause functions were back!

Or am I just cynical. maybe it would have happened anyway.

9. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Called again after looking at your success above and for once the person passed my problem straight to her superviser who was a super-user. I also described your fiddled fix above before it got passed to the superviser. Everything is working now, so not sure if I was just lucky with a good superviser or if the suggested fix sorted it.