1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another set-up/connection query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Mike Robinson, May 23, 2005.

1. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that I have now been full circle trying to decide how to connect my equipment to the PW7. Considered a scart switcher box but I have now decided that I only need to connect a Smasung NTL box and Denon DMV-51 Virtual Surround Sound system.

Query is: NTL box has two scarts on the back. One goes to the Plasma. The other is for the VCR - Can I connect the Micro System (combined DVD player and surround sound system) via scart to the NTL box.

Sorry if this is a ridiculously simple question but I really haven't got a clue. I don't want to buy a scart switcher box if I don't have to.

Cheers

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    you may be able to ......you can with Pace sky+ boxes....the manual should tell you if the vcr scart accepts RGB pass through

3. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for such a quick response MEP. I have already looked in the notes that the NTL installer left me, but I cannot find any info on this scart socket. On the box it simply says VCR (is this an input or an output?)

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    output for recording to dvdr or vhs but you may be able to pass through as an input too...if you have a spare scart try it......putting the ntl on standby should enable your dvd system if it does it.

5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yes you can but you will need a SCART cable with audio breakout leads, something like the following...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=13395&doy=23m5

You can make your normal SCART to SCART connection between ntl digibox and VCR or TV and then use the additional phonos to plug into your micro DVD system.

*EDIT*

I have a PACE digibox and I suspect that the SCART labelled 'VCR' on my digibox is both an input and an output. It feeds to my DVD recorder without problem but I have noticed that if I play DVD or recorded material from my DVD recorder then the TV input dedictated to my ntl box will auto switch to what the DVD recorder is playing.

S.

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    doesn't that Denon have other audio connects?