1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another screenshot from an old p/j my 3M8640

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mark silvester, May 29, 2002.

1. mark silvester

mark silvester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I would include another screenshot from my bargain basement priced 3M8640 (though originally a highly priced machine.

It stops me having withdrawals - and enables me to still watch the world cup.

Actually, I think this is a good machine really as in all it cost me a total of £500 and I also have a spare lamp.

Image is projected on a white blackout sheet - approx 8ft X 4ft.

Best:

Mark

Attached Files:

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Had look at the Photo. Doesn't Russell Crow have back hair, not ginger and I am sure the croud are in focus with my projector

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kidding as no one else has bothered to post :)

3. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks very nice indeed..i like your screen...i can't afford one yet..looks decent..i don't suppose you could give me a tutorial in how to make one..like yours...? Plssss :D I leave in shared accomadation and my landlord doesn't want a great big piece of mdf board nailed to his wall....looks like a piece of card could be my ticket as i could glue tac it as he doesn't like nails either..sod.

4. mark silvester

mark silvester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this is a reply to Pinda.

I have mentioned this before.

I originally made this screen for my 16mm projector film shows.

All it is is a sheet of "good" quality blackout material - approx 8ft x4.5 ft.

This blackout curtain is a slight off white colour and comes in a pack of two and of a slight rubberised texture. I bought it from a small local textile shop in Grimsby. Cost was approx just over £20
    for the pack.

You could hang it in many ways aas it is quite light in weight.

I attached a dowel running the full length both top and bottom amd merely roll it up when not in use.

I suppose you could just plain hang it by two or thre small velcro pads in each corner. This would not leave a mark on the walls if you removed them. Or blue tack - though you would have to get the screen taught.

You can buy blackout material in a variety of lengths and widths...have a look in a few local shops (textiles). I also taped some black - cloth type - tape to top and bottom to give a crisp edge. You can also wash this material (cool wash with conditioner) and then let it hang dry to drop any creases.

Best: I have tried to include another screenshot to show the screen off a bit better.

Attached Files:

5. mark silvester

mark silvester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I would post another one screenpic 3M8640

Source VCD via svhs

Attached Files:

6. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ooh thanks mark!
    Vaule your time mate to write that info..Yes i'm impressed with the pics..nice one.
    i'll start making one in a weeks time and let you know of progress..Fingers crossed. :)