Another Round Movie Review & Comments

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks Tom. This is another Movie that I want to watch, but will carefully choose the timing.

rulocal

Distinguished Member
Cheers.. for the review.

Its a cracking film.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Great review Tom, I’ve been looking forward to this, feels like a very long time since I first watched the trailer.
The Hunt (while only watched once), was superb, and his Far from the Madding Crowd was decent, so interested to see Vinterburgs next offering.

Dorian

Anyone going to crack the beers open and watch this? :D

On a serious note it looks interesting, hadn't heard of it so thanks Tom

Evinger

Distinguished Member

Jessica Noir

Easily my favourite film of the year. Hilarious, insightful, depressing and though provoking, often in the same scene. Unlike with other films about addiction, the characters behaviour and antics are always on the right side of 'yeah, I've done that'. Not making myself out to be an alcoholic, but if you watch this without getting flashbacks to lads holidays or nights out in your twenties and how embarrassing and harmful your behaviour could be, then you must have been a saint.

No spoilers, but that final scene is one for the ages. Great to see Mikkelsen break out another of his talents.

Jessica Noir

I was lucky enough to be at a Hannibal convention a couple of years ago with Mads doing a Q&A (yes, such things did exist), and he mentioned he was looking to flex the skill he studied as a young man before he got too old.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
Excellent review Tom and really in depth assessment of the film. The film looks at drink culture from both ends of the scale its effect on the four main characters. I really must watch the Hunt.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom