Another retailer slashes Wii U price

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by hodg100, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    No official price-cut, yet

Following on from ASDA's lead, online retailer ShopTo has slashed the price for its basic Wii U package by a considerable £60.

ShopTo is now offering the 8GB, White Basic Pack at £190 which was previously offered at £250. ShopTo also has cut the entry fee to the Premium pack but not by as much, with it available for £280.

According to CVG, Nintendo hasn't taken anything off the trade price - it's still £205 for the Basic - so it looks as these two retailers are willing to take a hit in order to shift stock, games and peripherals.

[​IMG]

Earlier in the year Nintendo cut it's forecast for annual sales to 4 million from 5.5 million in the face of a disappointing start to the console's life cycle.

Attached Files:

2. Dan201

Dan201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +610
    I don't understand Nintendo. A lot of the people I know didn't even realise Nintendo had released a new console. Its like they expected people to just 'know' about it.

The hardcore obviously knew but Wii customers like my sister and mother had no idea and still don't know what the WiiU does.