1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another R2 DTS title.....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tee, Apr 15, 2001.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yep, it's true Pathe have released another DTS DVD - well actually it's released on Monday but my good friend has reviewed the Dances With Wolves DVD for my site and its sounds like a pretty decent releaes.

Check it out by clicking below and going to 'Revews'..... ;)

2. The Limey

The Limey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet review Tee although i thought it wasn't out 'till Monday! Bit disaponited it's not the Special Edition that runs for just under 4 hours though.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I agree with Limey!

If Pathe had given us the 4-hour cut (okay, it's 227 minutes, to be exact), and just the DTS soundtrack with no extras, I would've been far happier! I'd rather have a good film, in its longer edition, with the DTS soundtrack and no extras, than the shorter version, with 2 soundtracks, multiple subtitles, and some pretty worthless extras! However, I shall still be buying this DVD, so don't get me wrong. It's just another missed opportunity by R2 DVD companies, though I guess we should be grateful for the fact that it has a DTS soundtrack and extras, at all!!

Maybe Anchor Bay or Criterion will release a double-DVD set one day, and do the film justice?! We can hope....

Pooch

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    4hours? There aint many films can cut the mustard for that length of time. I thought DWW was good. But not that good! :rolleyes: