Another Q on which Blue-Ray player to buy

Stok13

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase my first blue-ray player and am looking for some advice on which one to go for. Basically I have up to £400 to spend and would like one that can provide:

- Excellent picture and sound reproduction for blue-ray and DVD
- Excellent sound reproduction for CD's
- Compatibility with a Panasonic TH-37PX70B Plasma HD Ready TV

After reading a number of reviews in What Hi-fi it appears the Sony BDP-S570, Panasonic DMP-BD85 or the Pioneer LX-52 are the ones to go for, but obviously I am open to other suggestions.

Features like built-in Wi-Fi, 3D, etc would be an advantage but not a deal maker as it is the picture and sound quality I'm really after.

Thanking you in advance for any advice/suggestions you can give either in general or on the models listed.

Kind regards,

Greg

trustory

Novice Member
I have the Sony BDP-S570 and it's a great player. Sound and images on blu-ray are stunning. Wi-fi works really well. Unfortunately I haven't had chance to test DVD or CD playback yet.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member

Stok13

Standard Member
Scott Mac, thank you for the advice, would that still be true if I had a full home cinema system as that is the holy grail? Also, it seems the Sony 370 and 570 models are very popular with most purchasers very pleased. Can a really good player be so cheap? From this I take it I could discount the Pioneer LX-52 and Cambridge Azur 650BD as Richer Sounds and Sevenoaks have both suggested these models as the one to go for............Very confused.....Greg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom