1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another PWD6 Connection Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Lethal Lee, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Lethal Lee

Lethal Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi, I am about to purchase the above and was thinking of getting the following terminal boards.
    Scart (the free board) for Xbox.
    RCA component for dvd.
    I was going to connect NTL digital using a JS RGB to VGA convertor into the built in VGA port.
    The only other thing I thought of getting was another RCA component board, (making up the Panny three boards in total) in case I needed it for HiDef TV in the future, or even for HiDef from my current Xbox or another future games console, as who knows what will be out in the next few years.
    It is worth trying to "future proof" my plasma in this way, or does anyone have any other ideas?
    Thanks.
    Lee

2. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm. If it's future-proofing you want, you might want to consider the digital connecting board that Panasonic supply for this screen. there's already a few DVD players that will make use of it. You'll probably find that as time goes on, manufacturers will move away from analogue connections.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Uzey has a point, even though the DVI board it a pain in the A... with Pal video sources. The best way of increasing the number of component video ports is to add a component video switching AV amplifier in your system. Gives you the 5.1 sound, and simplifies use as well, can't be bad. And can be had for the price of the complete video board.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    suggest you use componet for Xbox.... Scart isnt THE free board its one of the choices and no reason why the component board cannot be "free" (nothing in life is free....) if you dont what to replace AV amp and current one doesnt do component switching then consider something like http://www.av-sales.co.uk/html/avt-5842mx_.html
    you can use the VGA input on PW6 for component as well if ou want.... So could use a JS RGB>YUV converter and run it all throu component switch to VGA input......

5. Lethal Lee

Lethal Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks very much everyone. The component switcher looks like a good idea and would be instead of the third board.
    Cheers
    Lee