Another PV500 issue : ( please help

M

Mp3Pimp

I have read through the PV500 thread and found nothing that resembles the problem I am getting I connect my PC to the Panny and wallpaper looks great everything is running perfectly, then I proceed to play an AVI through PowerDVD and the movies colours are all out of sync however the rest of the PC looks great (i.e. wallpaper, programmes etc) the movie comes out blocky as well as colours way off, now obviously It is not the colour set up as the rest all looks great.

I ahve downloaded the Ace Mega Codecs (fresh Install) and still the same problem I ahve changed my PC resolution to 1024x768 as well as changed the discplay properties in my media player to be 1.33 (42") and still the movies are not playing right.

It must be a software issure or perhaps something to do with the refresh rate of the movie I ahve no idea, does any body else have this problem?

Any body got nay ideas of what it could be at this stage I would try anything.. !!

What are you using to play the video's and what graphics card are you using? I know there was some funky issues with Windows Media Player and nVidia drivers, not sure if its been corrected at all yet.

Could you get a pic of the funkiness?

Nvidia 5200 is the grapihics card that I use, at work at the moemnt will shoot home in a bit and get a screen shot. I think your definately on the right track with the Nvidia driver. Thats why my Mega Codecs did not fix the issue, hmmmm

Willl post pic in bit, the reds are really red and yellows are very bright white is over powering and whole experience is just off however this is only for the movies and not for anything else... (Any idea what i am looking for with regards the Nvidia Driver issue)

I cant remember what the specific option is, it was an issue that popped up on my forums a while back and the guy fixed it by upgrading his drivers and changing an option.

I'll see if i can dig up the post

Found this on another Forum http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/8054p1.html seems I am not alone after all on this one Also, I read somewhere else that you can fix the problem by turning off video acceleration in the "performance" tab in options , thanks Jim_Fear for pointing out issue :clap:

Go to the Nvidia options panel
Go to Color Correction
Set the 'Apply color changes to:' on 'All' instead of 'Desktop'

Will try it in a bit on my lunch and let you know, Cheers again would not have thought about the nVidia Driver.

I thought that was it, I knew it had acceleration in the name but didn't want to look like a melon! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom