1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another problem with RGB

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jasper catt, Nov 29, 2001.

1. jasper catt

jasper catt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help with a problem a friend of mine is having with a 29" 4:3 Sony trinitron set and a Grundig Sky receiver connected to the RGB input (AV1). When he options the sky box to output RGB the whole image displayed on the tv screen moves to the left. This is the only source he's got that outputs RGB and it's putting him of buying a DVD player.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,520
    i'm afraid its a side-effect of RGB, but u can alter this in the service menu of your TV.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Only on sets that have it poorly implemented.

4. jasper catt

jasper catt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doubledoom
    You're probabaly right about it being poorly implemented in certain TV's. I haven't experienced the same problem.I have my DVD player and Sat box optioned to output RGB. It was just me trying to be helpful to a mate of mine,that we noticed this problem on his TV.

Does any one know how to access the service menu on a Sony KVA 29" 4:3 tv ?. The TV must be about 5-6 yrs old.

Thanks

5. warryor

warryor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably right, but I've seen this problem on a very large number of sets in the £600-£1000 range.....
    (though it's adjustable on some sets)