1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Problem With My PDP434!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StumpyBloke, Nov 12, 2003.

1. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm afraid I now have another, what I consider to be, major problem with my PDP434HDE. Besides the usual picture drop out when cueing a video, my 434 now turns off (inc the media box) and the red led on the screen flashes either 7 or 11 times repeating itself for ever. I have to physically turn off and then on again by the switch on the tv. This is really ridiculous now - the set is only 2 weeks old and is starting to render itself unuseable! Do you know what could be causing this latest problem? Am I entitled by law to receive a brand new replacement screen now? Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Rich :hiya:

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the fan in the media box run ???

4. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, yes it does. Its got plenty of ventilation around it too. I'm guessing that the 7 and 11 flashes must mean something?

Another point actually, it doesnt seem to do it when reverse cueing (it doesnt loose the pic all the time either)

This is weird!!

Cheers

Rich

5. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Stumpybloke

This is different than the issue of drop out and slow switching. I suggest you desribe the issue to Pioneer and seek their support.

6. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think it may be a problem with the power supply in the screen, same as the old problem with the mxe,hde. Best to contact the company you got it off, tell them you are not happy and want another sreen/Refund

7. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a phone call from Pioneer - they are coming out to my house next Thursday with a new media box - apparently this box is being delivered to them on Monday direct from Pioneer head office or something like that.

I'm pretty impressed with the service though - I only spoke to them about it today and they rang up an hour after to make the appointment.

Lets hope this sorts out some of the problems.

Cheers

Rich
    :hiya:

8. jeroenskie

jeroenskie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is not a single media receiver that did this .

A man in holland had the same exact problem,he is also waiting for a new Media receiver .

Hope Pioneer solves this problems Quick !!!!

Also I untherstood from a men from pioneer that the ZOOM behind the plasma was not something they are aware off!

kind regards Jeroenskie

9. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pls report back, after the new box arrived...

Jero: what do you mean with ZOOM ?

10. jeroenskie

jeroenskie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was talking about the zoom you where also talking about in another tread ,only you called it BUZZING :O)

Ive noticed that some people find it more disturbing than others.
    For myself I can't say yet ,but the ppioneer men was sating it should make no noise as there is no fan in it .
    He was aware of the noise with the "older"models but the new ones should be noiseless.

kind regards Jeroenskie

11. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Seriously bud, if your screen is buzzing, chop it in right now or you could be in for a whole bundle of trouble. It could last 1 year or 1 minute, who knows? But I would not let it go any further and once your past 28 days don't think they will be this sympathetic.

Your dealer will pass you straight onto Pioneer direct and wash his/her hands of it completely (and i wouldn't blame them)!

This screen should not make a single sound whatsoever (unless you've got the side speakers on of course).

CH

12. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi CH

I'll see what the Pioneer engineers reckon when they come next week. From what I've read in other posts, it seems quite normal for these screens to buzz. :confused:

Oh well, thanks for your replies anyway :)

Cheers

Rich :hiya:

13. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    INCORRECT! All screen make a normal "buzz" sound when you go close to them. It also gets slightly "louder" when you display brighter images. There is no fault here. My old 433 does it, so does it the new 434.

14. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Sorry Costas - but not true to say that all plasmas buzz. My 433MXE is TOTALLY silent. Never has made the slightest noise. Even right close up. And I know of other 433 owners whose plasmas are completely quiet. So if yours was noisy, it shouldn't have been.

15. liy

liy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PhilipB: Are you sure you've turned it on?

LIY

16. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Some people may find that they dont have any buzzing from their plasmas but that doesnt mean that your plasma is faulty if it does make a slight buzzing noise, most maufactures actually state that even plasmas without fans are not completely silent and may produce a small amount of noise. Infact I'd be suprised if you could name any major (ie large) electrical appliance that doesnt make any noise what so ever.

17. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    The meadia box on the 434 is it a multi tuner? what i mean is does it except vhf signals
    P@T