1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Plasma Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Fast Jon, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    First of all, congratulations on an excellent set of forums. I stumbled across the site the other day and have since spent many hours reading people's comments and opinions. I must admit that I have grown increasingly sceptical of the editorial values of the likes of WHFS&V, and it's nice to be able to read what real people think of various bits of kit.

Anyway, here's a question. All cries of 'moron' and 'eejit' will be taken squarely on the chin.

I want a 42" plasma, but I don't need speakers of any audio processing since sound will be handled by my 5.1 kit. Also, I don't need a tuner since video will be sourced from either my Sky digibox or DVD. So what I really want is a plasma monitor. I like the look of the latest Pioneer and Panasonic Viera gear, but it all seems to be supplied with some kind of tuner box.

Please tell me if I am missing an important point here, because I would've thought that most plasma buyers would be looking for the same thing.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks HD
    As soon as you know that a TH-42PW7B is a monitor it makes it a lot easier to find relevant threads :blush:
    Forgive me, I'm new to all this...

4. brackenlamb

brackenlamb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    just because the viera has the tuner box and spekers dosent mean you have to use them,i bought one becvause of the way it looked ,oh and the panasonic badge.
    I hooked it up to sky + and 5.1 kit aswell