Another Panasonic DS38 question

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by drewboy, Mar 11, 2002.

1. drewboy

drewboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been thinking of buying the Pansonic DS38 for a while now but recently whilst trying to get "hands on" with one in Comet before buying on line, I was told that they had none in stock and would not be ordering anymore in. The assistant told me that this was probably due to it being discontinued.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

If it is, should I wait until I see what the replacement is and it's price. Or should I wait and try and pick up a DS38 cheaply when stores try and shift old stock?

I know it's a great 'ickle cam but i don't need it until before july when our baby's due.

Regards,
    Drew

2. Timmie Boy

Timmie Boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received a DS38 from Empire Direct at £600 delivered.
    This is a super camera. If you wait for the new model, its bound to have been improved. BUT! will it be at the same price as the DS38 come July - I doubt it. I really didn't need the DS38 until August when I go to Florida, but if i have it now it gives me a chance to play with it (the camera!) and hopefully if there are any problems with the camera i have enough time to get it sorted!
    You can always wait for the latest model, but in this game the next model and the very next latest model isn't very far away!
    BTW the analogue in and DV in are a real bonus. I can now edit my old 8mm footage through my DV capture card.
    The camera is dead easy to use. If you're keen on the DS38 hurry up and get it now!

3. FlaredFootage

FlaredFootage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have recently launched the update to the DS38 in South Africa - called the DS50. They have gotten rid of the shoe adapter on top, added a built-in light where the microphone was and moved the microphone on top. It also has 10x optical instead of 15x. It can also double up as a webcam now. They have moved the jog shuttle for menu and manual functions from the front left to near the the zoom control. The tape also loads from inside the area where the lcd screen flips open. Its got a a slightly sleeker, slimmer look. Oh, and also instead of serial connections for photos it now has a USB port.

4. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0