1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another NUBEE - Wall Plate interconnect question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ivanmurray, Aug 3, 2004.

1. ivanmurray

ivanmurray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi - I am currently doing a home self build and I am trying to design the cabelling system for my house. I have great ideas of what I want, and In the past few months i have been trying to educate myself on the do's/don'ts of installing a distributed AV system. However, I am stumped on what I believe should be a simple question for this Forum. I what to make the install as neat as possible, so I am planning on installing wall plate interconnects for the speakers in each room. I will have seven speaker systems in 2 rooms, so I am talking 7 interconnects in the rooms. My question is in relation to the Home room (the room with all the AV equipment). I also was thinking of installing the wall plates interconnects for the speakers in this room near the system location. So not to make things to complicated, there will 2 different interconnects between the Receiver and Speaker (if you do not count the interconnect on the receiver and speaker themselves).

Questions:

If I use this wall plate configuration will I loose Sound/Picture quality throught the interconnects?

Is there any neat alternatives to the wall plate interconnects?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    look at extrons range of architectural finishes and also QED some very neatplates depending on what you need, QED WM11 i think are the jobs!