• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

another noob question on PC speakers

marksteven

Standard Member
Hi,

I realise that there are already a few threads on this topic, but I have a slightly different question...

I have just got a new shiny PC that has 7.1 audio built in (Realtek ALC887) and it has numerous analogue outputs, as well as an optical output.

I'd ideally like to get some decent speakers with an optical input, but not many places that sell them (online at least) make it clear what inputs there are (I wanted to reduce the number of cables that I have behing my PC, which is why I figured 1 optical cable was preferable).

I have seen the Logitech Z5500, but I could have a hard time convincing the missus that I need them (after just shelling out for the PC).

Are there any decent and not too expensive options out there?

Just to make things more complicated I live in Spain, so a lot of UK sites will not deliver here...

Mark

luey

Standard Member
The optical out is mostly used for going to some sort of amp which decodes the signal and then plays out through speakers however just saw that the Onkyo HTX-22HDX have an integrated amp which should do the job for you although I don't think you can go to 7.1 with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom