Another "no video" thread!

kahunaav

I've had a fat PS3 since 2007, has been fine for years and in the last 2 years on my Denon AV amp (single HDMI to the amp)

Am guessing Mr Sony have done something rhubarb to the firmware as after a few months of no use I fired it up and get video come on/go off etc and it keeps doing this.

Ran the 3 beep reset it made it worse, now no idea at all just a flicker on the screen then nothing, took the PS3 upstairs to a small LG I have with HDMI and directly connected it detected the new device etc and was fine on 1080p, took it back downstairs and no display just the flicker once.

Have Sony done something to the video output on the PS3 which screws it up connecting via an AV amp, saw a lot of similar threads on this but couldn't really see a fix other than workaround with HDMI direct to TV and optical audio to the amp :thumbsdow

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Silly question, but have you tried connecting it directly to the tv downstairs, and not connected it through the amp, cause if it works, then it lays blame at on the amps hdmi input/output.

kahunaav

Silly question, but have you tried connecting it directly to the tv downstairs, and not connected it through the amp, cause if it works, then it lays blame at on the amps hdmi input/output.

Yes sorry I missed that part, directly into the TV it works, its only via the Denon amp it does this, but its been fine like this until a recent update and all my other kit (SkyHD, Xbox360 etc) are fine running through the Denon, also tried the same connection path and is ok on the 360 so the amp isnt faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom