• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Another Nintendo Promotion

samtman

Games included in the promotion are:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Buy and register 3 of the games above and get another from the list free.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Nice...Castlevania is utter pap though, just an FYI if anyone wants to waste money.
Utter tripe and instantly forgettable.:(

Now to flip a coin on what to get, Donkey King, or Animal Crossing...:laugh:

EDIT: Sod it, Animal Crossing it is, Donkey Kong on the Wii was ok, but nothing to call it a classic.
Might look into buying the original if it's on the e-shop at some point.

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
I'll be wanting animal crossing on digital so I'll more than likely get donkey Kong as I enjoyed the Wii version.

Same here, it was good, but now, even though its been tarted up, single player only unless you have 2 carts, for co-op puts me off it.
Wouldn't buy it twice for me n' the lad.

Animal Crossing will no doubt turn into a way of life for a while, the wife loved the first one, I did too, when I managed to get it back from her.

I went for Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem, as my two recent purchases.
Many hours of gameplay in both those, more so than the DK one shot deal.

Co-op was where it was with DK.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Same here, it was good, but now, even though its been tarted up, single player only unless you have 2 carts, for co-op puts me off it.
Wouldn't buy it twice for me n' the lad.

Animal Crossing will no doubt turn into a way of life for a while, the wife loved the first one, I did too, when I managed to get it back from her.

I went for Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem, as my two recent purchases.
Many hours of gameplay in both those, more so than the DK one shot deal.

Co-op was where it was with DK.

I was thinking monster hunter but for me DK is just better suited for its pick up and play nature. Just don't seem to have the patience for a slow burner that is MH these days.

Nice deal nonetheless.

Miss Mandy

I've got Animal Crossing pre-ordered already and I'll be picking up Fire Emblem on Friday so I should probably grab something else off the list to get the free game. I can always sell the physical ones on afterwards. I've been thinking of buying Luigi's Mansion anyway.

Forzafan

i have read this offer but just to confirm if animal crossing is my preferred free download can i get it on release date or do you have to wait until a set date for the codes to become active?

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Already have Luigi and DKC is on order....I suppose I could always buy another game off there and sell it on once registered (after all, not everyone will know of this promotion)...no idea what freebie I would take though....hmmmmm.

I guess best scenario is to get a cheap copy of Castlevania then claim Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing...unless anyone has any unused codes for eligible titles they want to trade...

Last edited:

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Short of getting a pin code from a mate, will probably buy Castlevania then get Fire Emblem as the freebie. Its reslly not my sort of game but then neither is Animal Crossing, Lego or Pokemon.
No idea why but playing the Casltevania demo on the XL was much more enjoyable than the little 3ds...could be a cracking little game.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Short of getting a pin code from a mate, will probably buy Castlevania then get Fire Emblem as the freebie. Its reslly not my sort of game but then neither is Animal Crossing, Lego or Pokemon.
No idea why but playing the Casltevania demo on the XL was much more enjoyable than the little 3ds...could be a cracking little game.

If you enjoyed the demo you should like the full game. It gets mixed reviews but depends which way you take it. I've loved plenty of games that don't get raved about.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
I'm a fan of Castlevania, and bought the DS ones, and loved Symphony of the Night, but the latest ps3/xbox 360 one, and this, are just pap, another franchise that has lost its way, I feel.

The Fuggler

Will probably only buy Animal Crossing off that list. I'll pop the code up if it looks like it's going spare...

splinters69

Distinguished Member
If you enjoyed the demo you should like the full game. It gets mixed reviews but depends which way you take it. I've loved plenty of games that don't get raved about.
Funny you should say that. Official Nintendo mag gave it 92% compared to Fire Emblems 90%. People say they are biased but they seem happy to slate titles that deserve it. As long as its Castlevania in the metroid style (or should that be metroidvania?) I should be OK. 3DS is lacking a metroid style platformer.

Then again, I really liked the PS3 Castlevania as it was more like a gothic God Of War.
I suspect my last XL had some sort of screen issue as I thought the demo looked pap especially the 3D effect but playing last night it looked amazing.
I played the FE demo and, while it looked great, I just dont relate to that sort of game. I am a Zelda, Mario 64, Ratchet and Clank kinda guy. Like platforming and adventure (ideally the two). Jax and Daxter (original) I just loved as its both.

Last edited:

Wattsy 75

Registered my luigis mansion yesterday

Lego city arriving tomorrow courtesy of shopto and have pre ordered Donkey Kong

So that should snare me a free game :thumbsup:

Gotta be careful though as only picked up the 3ds yesterday so want to keep relations with her indoors on an even keel - buying tons of stuff at once tends to rock the boat :D

lunch_box

Anyone have any duplicate codes from these games they want to trade for a luigis mansion 2 code. I have a spare.

Miss Mandy

Got Luigi's Mansion on the way and Fire Emblem will be ordered in the next day or two, just hunting for the best deal. So glad its pay day!

samtman

Miss Mandy said:
Got Luigi's Mansion on the way and Fire Emblem will be ordered in the next day or two, just hunting for the best deal. So glad its pay day!

I had a look around for the cheapest fire emblem and new was tesco @ £30 using a £5 off voucher. I think the next cheapest was shopto @ £32.odd.

Miss Mandy

samtman said:
I had a look around for the cheapest fire emblem and new was tesco @ £30 using a £5 off voucher. I think the next cheapest was shopto @ £32.odd.

Ordered it via flubit for £26.19 so should be here soon.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Got Fire Emblem, looking to pick up Luigi's mansion 2 and have Donkey Kong on pre order.

Will probably grab animal crossing as my freebie.

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Castlevania came back at £25.69 at Flubit so full house for me now.

However, anyone know if there is a limit to how many free game codes you can redeem?
If you recall the last promotion you could buy/trade the free codes and enter as many as you wanted so you could have got Mario, Layton etc.

Reason I ask it because I like digital versions and was going to offer my Cart version of Luigis Mansion and possibly DKC in exchange for a digital code but maybe Nintendo will only allow you to enter one this time?

Anyone know?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom