Another newbie

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stadleroux, Sep 2, 2004.

1. stadleroux

stadleroux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello.

Until yesterday I thought I had a pretty cool setup because my VCR was connected to my TV with composite audio-video cables instead of just the RF one, and the TV was connected to the hifi amp, which was producing pretty cool stereo :rolleyes: , but then I got a call from a local magazine and was told that I'd won the competition which I entered when I subscribed as part of a special deal at a local audio-video expo, and that I could pick up my Panasonic DMR-E55 at the local head office of Panasonic...

I knew I had a lot to learn about DVD and everything related to it, but it didn't worry me, because I thought I'd wait until recorders became a little cheaper still before buying one. Little did I know, when I bought those five blank video cassettes just before subscribing, that it was money in the water... :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Anyway, I'm up and running, and I've recorded something onto a DVD-R earlier tonight, so I've managed to master the basics, but I'll probably be back with a lot of dumb questions about other stuff. Please bear with me. :)

Thank goodness for forums like these!

Stadler