1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie processor question (sorry)

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by theo cupier, Dec 27, 2004.

1. theo cupier

theo cupier

Sep 18, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Amersham, Bucks
    hi there, I currently have a Musical Fidelity B1 amp going out to a pair of Rogers LS4a speakers. AV sources include the standard Sky box, a Toshiba SD220E DVD and an Aiwa VCR.

Rather than replace my B1 I've decided to bring in a processor to use alongside it, to handle the Centre and rear l/r channels, then pre-out to the B1 for front l/r. For audiophile reasons, I'll keep my audio kit going straight in to the B1.

My budget isn't huge (buying a 42in plasma at the same time which is soaking most of the cash). I've probably got around £500 to spend on the processor and centre speaker. I've seen some good comments on the following processors, can you tell me if there are any others I should seriously consider, or if any of these are unmissable:

Yamaha DSP E800 (perhaps lacking some of the latest whistles and bells, but great value)
    Marantz SR5400 (is it worth stretching for the OSE version of this?)
    Yamaha RVX450?

Appreciate this last question is in the wrong forum, but any advice on a centre to compliment the LS4a at this budget are warmly received.

Seasons greetings to you all.