1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie needing advice!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by EAZYROG, May 9, 2005.

1. EAZYROG

EAZYROG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

First of all let me say what a great find this web site is.

This is my first post and really the first time i am setting up a Home TV system.

I currently have a wicked 36" Panasonic TV, however it's a little old and looks a little big

I'm looking at spending up to £1500.00 for a 42" Plasma.

I have the sound and AV Amp all sorted.

After doing much searching i have decided to stick with the following Brands :

Panasonic
    Pioneer
    LG
    Samsung

My problem is pritty simple, i cant figure out what model to get, i know there are now HDTV's however not sure if this will benifit me as i run all my equipment using NTL, the quality from this is really crap (lets not get into this)

Can you guys please advice me on whats the best screen for around £1500, i dont mind a little here and there but would ideally like it cheaper.

Thanks and sorry if the questions been asked many times but i'm more looking for full part numbers rather than jsut suggesting a Panny or somethig.

Thanks in advance from a newbie

Roger

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody has replied???? Very odd.....

I would usually recommend the LG PX11, but as you have NTL I'm not sure it's the best route to take.

I'm sure some people on here have had good results using NTL and Plasma's, maybe somebody else will come along in the morning.... :hiya:
    :lease:

3. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend a Panasonic TH42PE50WAL which can be had for £1525 - includes wall bracket, vat and delivery..

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I'll second the Panasonic at that price. Well worth it even if it's a grey import. (I'm being offered them from europe currently) As a plug and play TV, it's likely to offer the most satisfaction and least hassle.

5. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    Seeing as you already have NTL for your tuner and an av amp for your sound, I would recommend a Panasonic Panel, such as the 42PW7 and spend any extra money on things like cabling, terminal boards, stand/mount, ISF callibration, scaler, converter or even a decent aerial and a freeview box.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'd 2nd the PWD7 I've had mine a week (from av sales) & I'm still stunned by the picture :)