1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newb question.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by shadowlight, Feb 21, 2005.

1. shadowlight

shadowlight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I've been reading through the forums for the past 4/6 weeks trying to figure out which plasma, receiver and satellite speaker system to go for. With the help of forum members I have managed to narrow things down quite a lot.

I was originally looking at the Kef Eggs but having read lots of rave reviews about the Cantons (especially from HornyDragon :smashin: ) I decided to investigate these a bit more. I was considering a 6.1 set up using CD50 centre, CD100s fronts, CD10s surrounds and ASD220 sub.

The thing is we live in a single storey property and the room is a bit of an odd shape. The room is roughly 7m x 5m but the ceiling has been removed revealing the inside of the roof space (which has been insulated and cladded.)

So my main concern is whether this speaker set up will be able to provide sufficient oomph? Or do I have to go back to the drawing board.

BTW I was considering getting these speakers from tenspot along with the Yamaha RX-V2500.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. :)