Another multiroom query...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by onkyoman, Jan 9, 2012.

1. onkyoman

onkyoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right been with sky (sky world) for a good 10 years and managed I get a 1tb box downstairs and the current 500gb as a multiroom moved upstairs with 12 months multi room free of charge, so just £49 for the box, which I'm really pleased about.

Here's the query upstairs I have a telephone line so not a worry there, (used for my router but I'm sure he'll just use a splitter to get that phone line connected to my multiroom subscription)... However downstairs I don't have a phone line in the lounge, but do have in the hallway, is it right in assuming the installer is responsible to run a phone line (neatly either outside the home or very neatly through the home) to the lounges new 1tb box?

I'm asking as is it true that I MUST have the two boxes connected to a phone line? If so anyone shed any light on the above question:)

Much appreciate your help in advance.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    As you're an Onkyo man I'll be generous and not delete this because you didn't search for the answer as requested by forum admin.
    It's a condition of multiroom that both machines are connected at all times to the same working landline phoneline, and it's part of the installation that they supply and fix the connections for it, to your requirements.