1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another loss for Sky and Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dubbs, Nov 13, 2004.

1. dubbs

dubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a VERY thorough read of these posts and the con-incidental fact I am moving home I decided to chance my arm with Sky and demand the Sky+ for £99 deal.

I was told in no uncertain terms that I had already benefitted from a subsidised deal once and would not, under any circumstances, be allowed to benefit again from a cheap equipment deal. They were referring to the £1 install I received when I subscribed 13months ago.

I tried all the arguments about keeping my business, how much money they got out of me, the fact they would be keepinga customer for another year, etc., and they'd have none of it citing that their service was so obviously superior that for me to even consider (cutting my nose off despite my face - their words!) cancelling would be ludicrous.

I informed the guy that unless I got the deal for £99 I would cancel and to stop giving me all these ridiculous sound-bites as reasons to stay when it's quite obvious what I'm asking for.

I have now cancelled. They even tried to get my "new address" off me for purely correspondance reasons. I think they twigged that I was going to do a new sub to get the £99 deal in a month or so!!

Tempted to just stay away completely.... for good. Maybe stay on freeview until HDTV gets here.

2. Pug72

Pug72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Order it in your partners name, job done.

3. dubbs

dubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just thinking whether alternatives are worth it or not. Freeview has a small selection of channels but I do actually watch them a fair bit. I don't watch sports and I don't really watch movies either (I prefer using DVDs so I can actually see and hear some of the reason I've spent 1000's on the setup!)

Therefore, the only reason I need Sky is for the documentaries and nature stuff that I enjoy (and by that I don't just mean the "Adult" nature stuff ok!!!)
    Going to look into homechoice too.