Another long road...

MrO

Some of you may have seen my old set up (linked in my sig) but I have moved house since than and have a chance to start afresh. I’ve included some pictures of how the room currently looks, which is a bit of a mess!

This is how the room looked just before i moved in

And now some pics of how it currently looks

I didn’t want the light from the window to shine through the velvet so to start I blacked out the room using ‘magic blackout blind’ which uses static to stick to the glass and works amazingly well, with the lights off and door closed there is literally NO light coming through the window. This is a much cheaper option than proper fixed black out blinds.

I am still living with the parents but am lucky that I have all of the third floor (2 rooms) so one is my bedroom the other is a dedicated cinema. :D

The equipment will stay pretty much the same but the way it’s all laid out will be changing in the next few months. The plan is to do something like albriscoe did and have velvet on the wall behind the TV. This will serve to purposes, the first is to create a bit of a black hole so the colours from the TV really ‘pop’. Second will be to create the impression of a solid wall as if the window wasn’t there.

Not sure how long its going to take till i happy but for now thanks for looking, watch this space....

MrO

looks like I`m being blamed again :rotfl:

good look with it, so far it looks great and the velvet just puts the icing on the cake

Al ;)
There is no such thing as an original idea these days :rotfl:

Was really impressed (along with everyone else) with your set up and hope that doing something similar will look good in my room

Cheers for the inspiration!

alz2605

Nothing like a house move to get you motivated about a new little project! All the best mate and I'm sure the room will turn out great!

Are you planning on getting a PJ in there too?

MrO

Nothing like a house move to get you motivated about a new little project! All the best mate and I'm sure the room will turn out great!

Are you planning on getting a PJ in there too?
Cheers alz, motivation is there... the funds, not so much :rotfl:

Unfortunately i think the room is a little on the small side for a PJ :(

MrO

I’m thinking of mounting the TV on the wall. Obviously the tv sits directly in front of the window so if i were to do this i would have to use a wall mount with an arm and swivel so that the TV could remain centred on the wall.

Question is would there be a problem always having the mount extended? Would it be strong enough to hold the constant weight?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom