1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another LC26GA4E pixel loss

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by deadred, Jan 14, 2005.

1. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Gutted..................my second LC26GA4E arrrived yesterday after the first had a dead pixel. I got the second screen only to find out that this one has 3 dead pixels!!!!! I rang the shop to explain, who asked if i wanted a refund, i didn't, i just wanted a screen with no dead pixels. They were very apologetic and said this is the first time any Sharp has been returned due to a dead pixel (just my luck i get 2!!!) They are sending a 3rd set out on Monday which i hope is going to be fine, i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their LC26GA4E................or is it just me?

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Well i have three dead (stuck on) on my LC37GA3E

3. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Best not to look! I have never checked my 37GA4E and would upset if I knew of a duff pixel. If I knew one was there I am sure I would always be looking at it? :confused:

4. Sledge

Sledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got 1 duff red pixel centre of screen about 1/4 up from the bottom. Can only really tell it's there when sitting close.

Will the lack of availability of these screens I'm not sure whether it's even worth trying to get a replacement.

5. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    The thing is, it probably wouldn't bother me if it happened after a couple of months or so, but when buying brand new i expect it to not have any at all, i kinda wish i'd stuck with the first one now :confused:

6. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I had 2 26GA4Es, none on either. Although I can't say I spent that long looking on purpose.

7. docjan_uk

docjan_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    found one red pixel on the new lc37Ga3e near to the centre of the screen about 30 minutes after turning it on (was looking for it).
    Cant see it from any normal viewing distance and given the availability of the screen were thinking about not bothering to return.

8. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    It must just be me being a fussy git then
    :suicide:

The first one i had, had a yellow pixel which was only noticeable when i was 6" from the screen, i posted a thread on here asking people what i should do, and everyone said to replace it.................wished i hadn't now :rolleyes:

9. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,813
    Can't you ask them to check the screen before sending it out?

10. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Apparently they did, but must of missed the 3 dead pixels!!! I don't know how they checked it, but on my freeview remote if i press menu it comes up with a blue screen which is good for finding the pixels. Nothing against the shop i bought it from, as they have handled the whole matter brilliantly, anyway my new one now comes on Tuesday, so again, i'll let you know how i get on.

Am i asking too much to get one without a dead pixel?

11. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When i first got my 26GA3 i gave it a quick check and all seem fine but after a couple of hour i noticed a stuck red pixel about 2 inchs down from the top of the screen in the centre.

Doesn't really bother me as i can only see it when you stand about a foot away , so not really a big issue for me

12. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    DOH, spoke too soon. :/

Just noticed a 'grey' pixel in the bottom right hand corner. I assume this is off, The worst thing is it seems to blur into the pixels around it until you get really close and focus and then you can see it's only one.

To be honest, I'm still not happy with this TV & that's nothing to do with the dead pixel. I have problems with DVD, Sky & DVI. If I were given my £1000 back I wouldn't buy it again.

13. Taplow

Taplow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a new commer to the AV scene, can you explain what dead pixel is. I also have just bought a Sharp 26 GA4.