1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another in the PV500 club

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andypearce, Jun 23, 2005.

1. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Finally decided that the waiting game was never going to get me a plasma so I've bitten the bullet and order a 42" PV500CAB.

I am a little concerned that my kit won't fit on the CAB but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

One question I have is for those of you who have the CAB, what did you do with the centre speaker for your 5.1 setup? It currently sits atop my 32" Panasonic CRT but as room will be tight on the cabnet below I'm not sure where to put the centre speaker (it's a KEF egg BTW.)

I'm also not entirely sure on the best way to connect everything. Here's what I have and how I imagine connecting them;

5.1 Receiver - Sony STR-VA555ES - has different switching options including 2x component in and 1 out.
    Pioneer DV575 DVD player - does prog scan via component so I assume this is the best connection method - intend to go through the amp?
    Sky+ - RGB Scart1?
    Xbox - getting the hi -def av kit and will connect thorugh the amp?
    PS2 - RGB scart2?
    Panasonic VHS : Scart 3?

I assume that as with my current Panasonic TV I can set the AV ouput source to anything so that I can record off the Sky+ box to the VCR (for those essential 24 episode for the father in law!)

Any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Could someone confirm that the proposed connection setup would be feasible on the PV500? :lease: