Another......I'm cooking tonight.....suggestions thread

stevegreen

Just been out and bought 4 nice lamb chops, not massive but they look lovely and meaty.

Now I need suggestions on how to cook them and what adds nicely to that lovely lamb flavour.

I'm thinking of a traditional serving, grilled lamb with a few roast spuds and some garden peas but i'm sure there is a nicer way to do it.

Any ideas?

Bat-man

Substitute young runner beans for the peas and serve with redcurrent jelly.

Mr Cat

Banned
wrap them in foil (with enough space to breath) with some onions and tomatos and slowly cook them for over an hour - they'll turn out lovely moist and tender...

serve as normal - but useful to have some nice rustic baps with butter...

edit - cook them with some olive oil and season with what you like - salt, pepper, herbs etc!

Bat-man

And serve on these

littlelamb.jpg

colinwheeler

I like to cook them under a grill with olive oil, maldon sea salt, rosmary. Before putting then in I like to do parsnips or sweet potatoes, also with olive oil and salt, also in the same oven, aiming to have them finish at the same time.

Vegetables I don't do very much but peas or beans boiled for .5 to 1 minutes are always good, or even a fresh salad with tomatoe and some basic stuff could go well with this. Think of the concept of a kebab with rich lamb balanced with some salad, just without the chili flavour.

Serve with nice dry Chablis.

Edit: And I love the plate suggestion!

Alan_W

Sloshed in a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary/mint/whatever. Cook on hot griddle. Make sure they are served pink!! mmmmmmmm

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom