Another Home Cinema Build... Not Yet Done.

Toolbox

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay... So, here is how it has gone so far and I am sure you can imagine how happy I am doing this. :)

I started by taking a photo of the living room with what is currently there and thought of ways to integrate a Bi-Amp 5.1. The components that were chosen are as follows:

Samsung 60" LED
Onkyo TX-NR3007
REGA LP3 Player
Paradigm Monitor 11 Main
Paradigm Monitor 3 Center
Paradign Studio ADP-590 Surrounds
Velodyne EQ-Max 12" Subwoofer

md0OS0J.jpg

Notice the wire from the clock? That had to go...

D2I9Ygu.jpg

So maybe a quick Photoshop render of what is possible to make it look like it is built-in?

6ZN5Ugv.jpg

Sketch a quick design for the CAD Artist

OxTPp5G.jpg

See it in 3D.

sdWX5nG.jpg

Change mind about center speaker placement.

LdPau6Y.jpg

Buy stuff and have the steel and woodwork done. Get is deliver in two pieces... Assemble and repaint to match the existing walls.

YaaMchS.jpg

Clean.

8gNgcmh.jpg

Get the guys to make sure the TV is centered because I don't know how to do that.

TsOBvgq.jpg

Last edited:
Mounting rack is centered... I hope!

6rrURUk.jpg

TV is mounted and looks okay (from the side).

F2dj5bo.jpg

The back! Where I am going to put EVERYTHING!

KEYGFns.jpg

Cantilever bracket could come in handy since the back windows could cause day time glare.

mcFBJ1f.jpg

Bi-Amp - I think I got this one wrong... I have to switch the RCA and the Banana Plug outlets around.

5dujymo.jpg

Center speaker in place with cheap wiring. I have a theory that I want to prove... That cheap wires sound just as good as expensive ones. I'll listen to these and change them with Audioquest's if I feel I made a mistake.

2uPkNU5.jpg

REGA LP3 for the records... Actually, it's just there for aesthetics. I have no plans of using it but it does look nice.

rzG7BHn.jpg

Stole one of these things from my xSeries IBM Servers in the office. It wasn't being used so I thought it would make a great addition to the LP Player when I roll it out. By the way, everything is perfectly leveled.

LNdT5cx.jpg

140MM Intake fan with speed controller by Antec.

nriOPQl.jpg

120MM Exhaust Fan by Enermax to create positive air pressure for the TX-NR3007.

1cKRDjw.jpg

Last edited:
Front view of the some of the equipment in place.

9RWnMtz.jpg

My love:

NzSjQwK.jpg

Wire is gone and now there is a switch for the backlight of the clock.

hnWVnm3.jpg

Done for the day... Am exhausted.

h1wiqAw.jpg

My mess.

H2rUpF8.jpg

And from the side.

0szaBwb.jpg

Good night... Until I am able to upload more images over the next few days. Hope you enjoyed and I'll make sure to keep posting until its done. :)

Last edited:
Very nice setup and great quality equipment you've got there, love the tv too it looks great. LED is definitely the way to go with TV's, they look so much more vibrant and vivid colours.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... Here is another one I built some time ago. As always, I documented the build.

Enjoy THIS ONE too. :)

Ooh... Wait until tomorrow. I will fix those images as they all seem to be broken links. :)

Last edited:
Lovely job so far... I love your apartment decor... that clock is gorgeous!!! :D

Also, excellent integration of the PC cooling fans for the kit. :thumbsup:

Am looking forward to seeing this one done, looks like a nice large room to be installing your kit into.

So if im right we can see the finished thing in about................... 2 years time yes?

Only kidding, yes ive read your other thread that you forgot about :p

So if im right we can see the finished thing in about................... 2 years time yes?

Only kidding, yes ive read your other thread that you forgot about :p

Hahahaha! Well, I am about 95% done with this one so hopefully, I'll be done by the weekend. I'm still waiting for the rear stands to hold the ADP-590's. once those are in place, I should be done. :)

I won't forget this time around... ;)

Here we go... :)

So, I skipped work today because of the torrential rain that continues to fall down over Manila and what a wonderful day it was. I was able to get more work done.

The first thing I had to do was to measure the main speakers. I needed to cover the gap I cut into the baseboard. So, still fresh out of the box and where it will ideally be:

Jqm9RXX.jpg

And another shot from the other side:

Norj5Gy.jpg

The only thing I couldn't properly do because the two cables are different lengths and I can't just shorten an HDMI cable. :mad: The box is a AC/DC Converter for the 12V PC fans.

JdS3EVB.jpg

And wire up the Onkyo properly because once I push this in, it's going to difficult to remove again. The entire assembly is on wheels though. Made sure to use different HDMI cables so I can identify them without having to come back to this image every time I need to move an input device.

mVsC28b.jpg

Finally... Some real progress. Getting ready to push everything into where it should be:

RwWYTHf.jpg

5ZX1MlX.jpg

The Onkyo setup stage... Shhh!

X4j12XA.jpg

Temporary surrounds while I wait for the customized brackets to hold the ADP-590's:

XLtb9dO.jpg

Watching TV after the Setup Mic "thinggy" and stretch my back. I am thrilled at this setup. Sounds incredible to my inexperienced ears.

TFKjdUU.jpg

The LP Player is as pretty as I expected it to be:

eFlRbIt.jpg

Last edited:
And a bunch of random images I quite like:

7ah8rh6.jpg

The surround speakers... Can't wait to hear it. :)

7WlMwVu.jpg

iCapvs9.jpg

97EqBt2.jpg

Trying "The Amazing Spider-Man" 4K UltraHD through a Mede8er:

gPKKk5G.jpg

Last edited:
What it is destined to look like. No flash. I don't know if you can tell but the volume is extremely loud at this point. :)

Megamind on the Blu-Ray Player. It's a Samsung something...

4PPBU7X.jpg

With flash... :

uMHmZeJ.jpg

It isn't so obvious in the day time but there is a blue light from 140MM fan on the bottom of the amplifier letting me know it is on. Actually, if the bottom one lights up, I know the top is working too. I'll take a night shot later.

OroHuap.jpg

Last edited:
And this is where I am right now:

TRJ5Ij8.jpg

Am still trying to figure out what to do with the middle tray. Blu-Ray player, ADSL Modem and Router are in there and I want to make it a little neater.

Done for the day:

oUdpCAu.jpg

I guess I'll have more tomorrow. :)

Hope you're enjoying.

Last edited:
Tele isn't straight ;)

Looks good though and lots of attention to detail which i like :)

It might just be the picture angles making it LOOK like its not straight when it is really?

Either way its looking superb, lucky to have such a big open room for it all to sit in.

Maybe we will see some more updates tomorrow if the rain persists?:smashin:

Tele isn't straight ;)

Looks good though and lots of attention to detail which i like :)

Actually, the Tele can move side to side a little bit. The bracket allows about 10º of movement side to side but yes, I do want it perfectly leveled all the time. I was hoping no one would notice that I forgot to straighten it out before I took the picture. :)

Maybe we will see some more updates tomorrow if the rain persists?

Rain continues but I must go in! :) Tuesday's are packed with meetings.

So, today, I went to the home theatre shop nearby where I get all my gear to pick up a couple more HDMI cables and that turned out to be a big mistake because I got to hear the Paradigm Studio 100's, Studio CC-690 and the Studio SUB 15! What a huge difference from what I just bought.

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW? The Studio Series sound sooooooo much better!

Hmmmm.... I'm going to sleep on this tonight! Can I ask a favor of everyone who reads this? In about 16 hours when I see this thread again tomorrow morning, please convince me that what I have is better! I tend to listen to you audiophiles whom I've never met more than my girlfriend who sits next to me right now. :)

Argh! Home cinema is harder to give up than drugs! :)

very nice solution to your kit rack. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom