Another help me make my mind up thread...

capt_janeway

I'm flitting around all over this forum looking for the best option for a soundbar....so far I have looked at
  • Sonos Arc - can get 15% off via work but even with discount if I add the sub it's over £1200
  • Samsung Q900T - again staff discount means around same price as the Arc but this includes a sub
  • Samsung Q950T - can get for just over £1100
I have a relatively small room, and clear dialogue is important as I'm getting on a bit. Kit is in a my signature and would like to utilise the e-arc once the Sony comes.

Is all this too much? Would the new Q800A (around £680) be enough, or just go with the Sonos Beam?

Happy for you all to fight over my choices and if there is any I've missed let me know :)

zubeir

I'm flitting around all over this forum looking for the best option for a soundbar....so far I have looked at
  • Sonos Arc - can get 15% off via work but even with discount if I add the sub it's over £1200
  • Samsung Q900T - again staff discount means around same price as the Arc but this includes a sub
  • Samsung Q950T - can get for just over £1100
I have a relatively small room, and clear dialogue is important as I'm getting on a bit. Kit is in a my signature and would like to utilise the e-arc once the Sony comes.

Is all this too much? Would the new Q800A (around £680) be enough, or just go with the Sonos Beam?

Happy for you all to fight over my choices and if there is any I've missed let me know :)
You can get the Samsung HW-Q900T for a bargain. £550 from Currys. Buy any TV, cheapest 32", add it with the soundbar and then apply the £400 off code.

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I've just recently changed my old system of 7.1.2 separates powered by AVR ( including ceiling speakers ) to the Sonos Arc package . I to have a small room and my old system was a bit overboard for it.

The Sonos package may lack the fidelity of my old set up but its simplified set up and continued use is what I was looking for over eARC.

Yup it's missing DTS but I tend to stream more than I watch over my UHD player which is all DD+ via streaming content .

The speech enhancement function on the Sonos app actually ( surprisingly) works well.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom