Another good night in the Club comp.

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was our second merit print competition at camera club last night and I entered a total of 8 prints, 4 in the mono class and 4 in the colour, all intermediate section.

I was very pleased to pick up 1st place in the mono section with this shot:

St. Tanwg's Church

I also got 3rd with this one, this got nowhere last time......different judge, different opinion.

Rest In Peace

and I picked up a commended with this one.

Pride (though I titled it 'The Old Man Stands Alone' for comp purposes) It has a purple cast unfortunately which is why it didn't fair better :(

In the colour section I picked up 3rd with this one

Ironbridge at Night

and commended with these two

Orchid

Pier No. 1 Retitled for comp purposes

So, a good night overall. This puts me ahead in the monon section by a fair margin and 2nd or 3rd in the colour, but behind by quite a bit as the chap who I was tied with going into last night got 1st and 2nd.

There are others here who could do much better than me in camera club comps, so get along and join your local club......it's great fun!

Very well done Steve.

That Ironbridge at Night shot is a class shot every time I see it.:thumbsup:

Pity about the purple cast in The Old Man Stands Alone because this is another top shot:thumbsup:. Did you print them yourself or send them away.

Join a club back in November myself and have enjoyed it. WE had a back to basic chat with a bloke who use to teach photography, its was very good and seeing he knew some of members over 10 years and use to teach some, it was quite lighthearted. During the tea break the chairman of the club introduced me as the newest member, and I had a good chat with him.

They don't seem to be as competition lead as some. Also they are going away for a weekend in September to the New Forest. Had to have a chat with the wife about it again, think she may be getting worried about me going on all these weekends away :D

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Lovely images there Steve. I feel inspired....off to work on some images for our own club competition on Monday. It's for sets of three prints on one topic......Will post them on the forum when I'm done

Wow! Amazing. I particularly like the Ironbridge one, and your winning shot is definitely well-deserved.

Very good Steve. Particularly like pride and ironbridge. :smashin:

That No1 is a sure winner Steve but my personal choice is the Ironbridge at Night shot ................That is stunning :)

Nice set man...........you have the gift!:smashin:

icemanonline

Nice work Steve.

I am building a client base with a local 'big' camera club. Quite nice as they get referred to me by the chairman to whom I sold a 40D back in October. He was amazed at the service I offered him and the knowledge, hence the ongoing customer referral, which is good for the business and my mental state as it passes the day.

I do however question what the style and quality of the work would be like and have been invited along. Might be worth a visit.

Well done in the meantime.

Pete.

Did you print them yourself or send them away.

I have all my prints done at Photobox and to be fair the original does have a slight purple cast, i just didn't really notice it when I sent it off.

I do however question what the style and quality of the work would be like and have been invited along. Might be worth a visit.

Some of the photographs from our members are stunning, but then again they should be as the club is ranked 9th in the EU by FIAP. The only thing that can be dangerous is that you start taking 'club' pictures to please judges in comps instead of what you want to take, but I suppose thats where you have to re-inforce your style and to hell with the judges :laugh:

It's a good learning experience though, I would recommend it to anyone.

Nice - I like the mono church and the orchid, they stand out for me. Congrats Steve.

Well done. Numbers 1 and 2 are stunning monos and well deserving of praise.

The Ironbridge shot is also great. I noticed you'd changed it from the original on Flickr. The redone version certainly looks better and a lot more natural.

Ironbridge @night :smashin:

but most pics capture that 'something'
keep em comin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom