• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Another gaming/htpc build

ian_the_nut

Established Member
Main uses will be Blu-Ray playback (from disc and externall HDDs)
Hyperspin emulation, including Wii and PS2 (So CPU must be OC to 4.4mhz)
Bit of more modern gaming (Skyrim etc)
It will be connected to my Onkyo TX-SR 608 amp (5.1)

I want the PC to be quiet, be cool (due to OC), handle 1080p gaming with relative ease as im hooking it up to 50" plasma.

Before i order these bits of kit, which is costing me a small fortune, im after a bit of advice to make sure theres nothing drastically wrong with the parts that i havent thought about. :suicide:

Any helps appreciated, i intend on ordering and building over the next two weeks.

Computer Case Silverstone Grandia GD04B - Black - (M-ATX) (Has to be this case due to cabinet size)
CPU Intel i5 2550K - (4 x 3.4 GHZ) - Sandy Bridge (Not sure if this is better than 2500k when OC?)
CPU Heatsink Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Cooler (hoping this fits)
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
Graphics Card MSI NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti (should be a tight fit)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 (Intel Z68) - HDMI
Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Networking Edimax Wireless LAN 300Mbps (PCI-E)
Power Supply 850W Corsair HX Series, Modular, 80 PLUS Silver
Hard Drive #1 120GB Corsair Force Series GT, SATA III SSD, SandForce SF2200, Read 555MB/s, Write 515MB/s, 85K IOPS
Optical Drive #1 LG (BH10LS38) 10x Blu-Ray Re-Writer/Reader & 16x Dual Layer DVD +/-RW Writer - Black (SATA)
Operating System #1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom