Another Floating Wall for Dedicated Home Cinema Room

Brian, Superb setup mate.
Quick question though, how far away are you sitting from the screen?

My Lounge is about 12ft wide and i was contemplating a similar arrangement, but the wife vetoed it by saying it was far too close to the TV! And i've only got a 50"er ;)

Hi, thanks for positive comments.

Our room is just over 10ft wide and we are probably sitting 71/2ft to 9ft away depending on seating position.

If you set yours up in a similar way with a 50" TV there should be no problems with picture quality. We were going to use our existing 50" TV but opted for the 63" one and we are now so glad we did. Friends and family cannot believe the picture quality from the closer viewing distance.

I can honestly say that since this room was set up at end of November 2007 we have not even had the 50" TV in lounge on!

Agghhhhhhh! !

We have just decided to go for another house and our offer has been accepted.

Not going to be able to enjoy this cinema set-up beyond June. If we sell this house and get the right offer the cinema room goes as is with the house and we may even consider renting out the house, in which case the cinema room gets stripped back to a bare room again and will no doubt be ages before I get it set up in new house.

Watch this space!

Hi,

Not posted for a while.

House move is only three weeks away and we have decided to make new cinema room in house but will need to make the room double up as a formal lounge and cinema room and my wife now fancies black instead of red seating.

The end result is I have told her we will go for that idea as long as we can sell the red 4 seater and gloss red units or it looks like a red theme.

We will use existing TV etc as it is all still performing faultlessly.

Brian I am going to take a look at this cabinet combo later in the week, my room isn't as wide as yours so I'm just buying one of each.

Are there holes in the back of the unit to route cables easily from my AV equipment (PS3/360/Sky) and would each of them fit in on each shelf?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom