Another excel question

Lobsterboy1

Established Member
Reaction score
After see all the excel wizards help someone out the other day, I am hoping they can help me. I have inherited a excel spread sheet at work as someone has left, and I have the most all be it limited understanding of excel. Here is a mock up of it.
excel.jpg
The first OPEN, DEL and CLOSE cells are filled in manually, then the USED is just OPEN + DEL - CLOSED. From then on the OPEN is just the CLOSED value from the day before and the DEL is filled in manually. What I am trying to do when I put a date in cell E13 cells B16 to B20 give me the OPEN value from that day. I have been trying to use index and match but I am not having much joy :(

Index and match could work if the date in the cells in row 2 were not merged. Unmerge the cells and place the date above the column with the "open" figures. The index and match should then work happily. I think!

See attached worked example. Not perfect, but does the trick!

14kwrqw.png

And if you're feeling adventurous, you can always add a drop down calendar for the date selection in E13. See this example.

Attachments

• Stock_Balance.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, worked like a dream. I would have never thought about un merging the cells. I have spent ages trying to get it to work. It's a pretty steep learning curve one you get past the basics.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom