Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Another example of how dense some eBay users are

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RMCF, Oct 15, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    I was looking for a copy of 'The Sea', and was about to buy it from Amazon for £10.19.

Thought I would have a quick look on eBay in case I could pick up a cheap copy of it.

The auction ended at £19 even though the seller tells you in big bold letters that the RRP is £16.99. Why would you pay this money for something you could head down to the high street for and get cheaper?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Sea-by-JO...708268574QQcategoryZ48838QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    seems to be the first edition tho..? not sure if that makes much differnce tho...

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,433
    Sheesh

I'm no expert, as only a first edition Harry Potter would register with me (I have never read Potter), so don't know if 1st edition here means anything

4. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,479
    i tell you what ***ks me off about sellers on ebay, sellers that put "not XXXX" in the title

say im looking to find a K750I, il put it in the search and what do i get???

loads of

"Brand new unlocked Motorola V500, NOT k7501/P900/XDAIIi"

like what the fudge? i wouldnt of come accross it if you hadnt put it in there, and im looking for a specific phone not some motorola crap!

5. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,707
    what annoys me is the idiots who put accessories on main pages, for instance i was looking for a Phone as well, and i kept on getting cases, chargers and stuff like that, instead of sticking it on the accesories they keep listing it on the pages for the actual item, i wish ebay would regulate what sellers do. they charge a big chunk on comission yet they offer little or no protection and do harldy any regulating,

6. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
    Agree entirely - drives me mad too.
    If I want Kef on my favourites I want to see Kef ONLY. Not every other bl**dy brand flagged up with - Not Kef, etc, etc, etc.

They let it happen though. It would be so easy to have a field for "brand" - which you could only insert one word, and a search facility that only flagged up products with that one word key instead of finding every product with your key word anywhere in description

7. Andrew_arkless

Andrew_arkless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ebay do try to stop some of these - A guy at work had an auction deleted by ebay for "key word spamming".

8. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yes, I've had auctions that have gone for nearly the RRP and I think for £5 more the buyer could have got that new.

It's a good market for sellers, not so good for the buyer. Maybe it's the thrill of buying something in an auction. I've overbidded on occasion just because I've got caught up in a bidding war and haven't noticed that the price had gone up so much.